Nobody wants to labor on something for others to read and enjoy and then not have anyone do those things. So do:
- Read my blog.
- Post comments. Ask Questions. Tell me your thoughts.
- Link to my blog.
- Tell other people about my blog, +1 it on Google, Tweet it, Share and Like it on Facebook, you get the idea.
- Do the same for other blogs about GURPS or gaming.
- Start your own blog about gaming, especially one about GURPS!
Check out my e23 profile. Buy Pyramid issues and Supplements I'm in. Buy 'em. Comment on them in the Steve Jackson Games Forums if you like them. The more well-received my work, the more I'll get to write.
Transcription For Hire
I also do transcription work for podcasts or the like (typically something gaming related since I know the lingo and the industry), my typical turnaround is pretty fast (typically within 3 days if it's under 2 hours of total time) and my rates are pretty fair ($2 to $2.50/minute) compared to Castingwords. That's for raw material - edited work costs more, but I'm rarely asked for it.
As much as I am loathe to mention it, I must admit I need help with buying my diabetic medications and supplies from time to time. So if you enjoy my blog or like my GURPS-related work, and want to keep my fairly healthy, a small donation goes a long way for me. Thank you ahead of time. Note: If you have a PayPal account of your own - direct transfers go less to PayPal and more to me, email me if you plan to do it this way and I'll provide my information.
- If you're a roleplayer who plays GURPS I'll write 200 words of game material for your personal campaign or offer you advice on your current campaign. This can be monsters, templates, new ritual path magic spells unique to your campaign world, and so on. I might even consider writing up a personal campaign for your use, but that depends on my time and schedule (and probably won't use the above rate, settings can be hard).
- I'll write 200 words of whatever sort of fiction floats your boat or help you kibitz on your own fiction. I'm pretty good at sussing out the small details that elude most folks.
- I might see about carving or creating something. I occasionally work in materials other than wood, but I can't really create something without the right sort of urge to do so. Shipping would have to be paid for by you, of course. But I've done a few things.
- Nudge me to try to publish something specific in Steve Jackson Games' Pyramid magazine (e.g., you want rules for Foo and want me to write up rules for Foo and submit them).
- Something else I haven't thought of at the moment