- Ekaterini Tsakalidis aka The Lady of Laundry (played by Chepe): Godling of Hygieia and Minerva. Face-changing clothes-horse with history as a Mob assassin and crime-scene cover-up artist. Tagline: “Never let them see you sweat.”
- Tercallus aka Callum “Cal” Parker (played by Will): Theogenic Demigod. Thrill-seeking, jaded, time-warping high stakes gambler coalesced into existence over a decade ago in an alley outside a casino for reasons unknown. Tagline: “Time is malleable.”
- Theroikon (played by Jenn D.). Theogenic demigod. Patron of urban wildlife. Shapeshifter, naturalist, and the party’s literal though somewhat reluctant combat monster. Tagline: “Mess with my people and I’ll show you a silent spring.”
- Winfred Timotheos aka The Friend (Played by Chris D.): Demigod of Philotes. The friendliest person you could hope to meet in Las Vegas and leader of a philanthropic Society/Cult. Tagline: “You know they say that a stranger is just a friend you haven’t met yet, and it’s nice to meet you.”
- Arnold Zahn (NPC): Son of Ares. Has a deathwish. Drunk. Tagline: “How about that drink?”
- Julie Wilms aka The Assistant (Winfred’s Ally): Human, probably. Former covert agent turned convert. Now spends her time assisting, guarding, and herding Winfred. Tagline: “Time to go, Sir.”
- Sarah J. Pokorny (NPC): Daughter of Thoth. Magician. Capable as hell. Tagline: “I may be in a wheelchair but I’ll kick your ass.”
Previously . . .
The Turtles had defeated the scorpionman and undead mummies, stealing their cursed Aztec gold and getting the second jar formerly containing He-Who-Cannot-Be-Killed’s heart. With the group taking some time, with Cal’s help, to regenerate and recuperate, stopping time for them to march another ten miles across the desert and waiting to get their fatigue back. Like the previous mine, they can’t get into the mine itself since it’s covered with a warding against aetheric abilities, but there’s also the feeling of impending death that Zahn relishes.
And They Call It A Mine, Part III
Ekaterini Tsakalidis, Tercallus, Theroikon, and Winfred Timotheos
Very Very Golden Harry Gold Mine
Monday January 23rd, 2012, 0840 hours
41.237314516751866, -74.72781373928146, Nevada
Cal starts with temporal dilation, speeding up everyone around as Zahn and Julie move towards the entrance, temporarily blessed by Cal’s field for a couple seconds, Julie takes cover against the rocks, pulling out a carbine. Ekaterini moves down a separate entrance to flank the undead warriors they can see, dropping a soap slick on the undead, two of them being affected. Thero uses his rat form to slip in behind the undead and across a support beam overhead. The undead starts their attack by slashing Zahn’s knee as the others swarm out. Zahn starts slicing off the undead’s heads, though some still manage to “live” without heads. Cal slides down behind Zahn and Julie and throws out his aging cone, corroding the undead they’re facing. Winfred steps forwards and activates his pacification field against the undead coming, though only one succumbs to the field.
Julie unloads her magazine against the undead in front of her, destroying one and injuring the one behind it. He-Who-Cannot-Die seemingly does nothing. Ekaterini disperses the soap scum and heads down to slash at the weapon arm of the undead closest to her, a sparkling field showing that they’re magically protected. Thero launches himself at He-Who-Cannot-Die, shifting in mid-leap and buffing their strength, not knowing that Thero is coming keeps him from reacting to the guillotine claw attack to the neck, bisecting the undead. The rest crumble into dust.
The body itself is desiccated and the bones are basically rattling all within the skin. Thero grabs the head and runs from the cave while Ekaterini removes the heart from the body and puts it into the jar that Cal is carrying. Winfred scrapes the ichor from the body into the jar he’s carrying, Thero finds the location where they contained the body, a small opening inside the mine that had been broken through, scratches inside show that the body was still moving when it was enclosed.
Ekaterini uses aetheric powers to clean up the mines and then hews the limbs from the body of He-Who-Cannot-Die and bundles them like cordwood as Cal disintegrates the heart and body pieces and jars. Now suddenly worried about the black inky soul. Thero rushes back to the car in bird form to see that Solomon is still unconscious from his ordeal. He flies back to the group and spends the next five hours hiking with the team back to the Maybach.
They drop off the various geegaws from Silver’s list to his pawn shop and takes Solomon back to his home to recuperate.
After Action Report (GM)
This was good, but short. the PCs got to the cave where the body of He-Who-Cannot-Die was located, fought him and his minions, and with a single very lucky roll ended him. Right? He’s dead? I mean he couldn’t still be alive. They cut him in half and then used literal time to erode his body to dust. So he’s dead obviously. Yup. Dead. We had to pack up faster than I wanted because my blood sugars went gonzo on me. Hopefully next week we can get into some more interesting stuff other than combat.