Here’s the highlights for me from August 2017.
- I had to backburner projects for Combat and Hot Spots and Locations for another article I needed to work on right now. I shifted an article from one theme to another which freed up space in my Thaumatology queue for something that S. A. Fisher and I are writing (FANTASTIC stuff! Seriously, it’s really neat). This still leaves Action, Alternate GURPS, and After the End – all of which I have ideas for or partially completed items. I didn’t get the one article submission in I wanted, but lots of stuff came up and really – GENCON.
- I rejiggered my workflow for a while (though it didn’t last long enough for me to see if it’s an improvement). We’ll see.
- My article “Deathtraps” came out. It’s essentially the traps I didn’t want to put into the DFRPG: Traps book because they were a bit too complex or just too kill-y. You can find my Designer’s Notes here.
- Hurricane Irma has impacted the revamping of the blog (my designer lives there) and instead of a September deadline it’s looking more like October.
- I got to play around with the WordPress.org interface and I’m finding it almost superior to Blogspot on ease of use. We’ll see.
- I’ve continued plodding along with articles being delivered on Tuesday and Thursday of every week.
- The Patreon revamp is finished and I didn’t hemorrhage pledges or patrons as much as I feared. Thank you everyone for sticking with me. I won’t disappoint you!
- I got 1 new patrons in July and $6 of additional pledges for Patreon.
- This month’s patreon specials consisted off a new Sorcery spells and a way to treat fake IDs using Alternate Forms.
- We reached a new goal! “Set the Balloon People Free!”: Patrons will get the option to release one previous special or current special to all patrons and all non-patrons once every other month or release that month’s $1 special to everyone. This kicks in next month so y’all figure what you want.
Miscellaneous Related News
- I continued work on a fiction piece I’d like to self-publish later this year.
- GenCon was amazing in every way shape or form. I’m going back next year – this time under my own steam. Being able to meet people in person and talk with other industry folks just blew me away.
- There is a kitten who is trying to get adopted by me. I’m worried it might have FIV, but I’m probably going to trap it and take it to the vet to get checked. If he’s FIV-free…he’s coming in the house and will be trained like I trained Nimbus. That way my kitteh boy has a companion.
- Mom continues to convalesce at my sisters and will likely have a surgery to fix her knee soonish.
- +Emily Smirle joined my C-Team after +Mavrick Fitzgerald had to bow out. Sad that Mav is gone but hey, WE GOT EM!