- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves aka Marl Ankh-3 is being edited! YAS.
- I’m still working on the novel I want to finish this year. Pushing it back to the second quarter now though. Wibbling on size, but the outline is pretty solid. Still projecting at least 120,000 words.
- GURPS Whatchamacallit is at about 97% done for the first draft. It’s edited. It’s finished. I am doing extensively alpha-playtesting in an actual game and there are a LOT of things coming up that I had genuinely not considered.
- The Fantasy Trip Quick Quest “The Gallery of Hands” is done and remains in the hands of Steve Jackson.
- My article for Hexagram for The Fantasy Trip remains submitted though I did see some movement and I did make a bit off a goof on it that I quickly remedied.
- I didn’t spend a any time on “Short Circuit” this month again. ARGH
- Stay waiting for info on the query I sent in for a GURPS supplement I want to write with J. Edward Tremlett.
- I got a semi-contracted gig with a a tech firm to do their blogging for them. This could lead to some really good places for me. The people are good and the team is small, but good. So far 3 1500 word posts this month for them.
- I currently have seven outstanding contracts/jobs: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves, my Hexagram entry, a fiction novel, a TFT Quick Quest, the Short Circuit dice game, three blog posts for a tech firm, and GURPS Whatchamacallit.
- Total wordcount for February is I hope going to be 20,000 words. I have some non-writing tasks (such as taxes) which are going to eat my time right up because I didn’t get to them this month. ANOTHER ARGH.
- Blog entries have been around 0 per week.
- Working on doing a facelift for the blog. Still not completely satisfied with it at the moment.
- Wrote a handful entries.
- Patreon remained on track for the month. Still releasing them to schedule.
- I gained 3 patrons and lost 2 patrons. 2 patrons modified their pledge.
- No fiction again.
- Get the January FREE SPECIAL here.
Miscellaneous Related News
- Aeon came out of hiatus and proceeds at a pace. I now have 3 out of 4 teams active at once. And I am planning big things. So. Many. Big. Things. Gotta link them up though. We’ll see how that goes.
- I’ve been putting together a better outline for what I want from the setting bible. Estimated page count will be about 288 laid out pages or about 245,000 words. I have about half that so far. The outline is good though and I’ve been hammering it hard.
- I continue my learning in the Virginia Board of Workforce Development program. I finished phase two this month. Hopefully onto phase 3 (the final phase) soon enough.
- I lost a friend at the end of December and learned about it on New Year’s Day. I am still in mourning. Travis Foster was one of the first people to ever believe in my skills as a writer and he supported me on Patreon to put his money where his mouth was. I will severely miss him. He was such a good man.
- Highlights for last year will be up sometime this month.