- GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves aka Marl Ankh-3 is in the hands of Steve Jackson Games.
- Ichored Veins aka the novella I wrote for self-pubbing has been edited by myself and some others and is now in the cooler. I still want to pub it…but I might go the traditional route. Some nibbles here and there.
- I had another bit of good – well great – news on the authorial front that paid well. But I can’t really talk about it. It did inspire me to do something else though…
- …I started outlining a novel about superheroes. Too early for this one but I’ll be talking about it in the coming months I’m sure.
- Whatchamacallit is proceeding at a pace and is currently at 55% done for the first draft. I’m in the “head writing” phase at the moment as I work out a few kinks before getting them into the draft. Overall, this one is going great.
- I wrote another 500 words for a The Fantasy Trip Quick Quest. Current name is “The Gallery of Hands”. It’s 1500 words at the moment. 1,000 more to go then edits, edits, edits.
- I currently have two outstanding contracts: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves and Whatchamacallit.
- Total wordcount this month was 17,000 new words. Lot of revising and editing this month – more than actual words to be honest. Probably call it a 60/40 split
- Blog entries have been around 0 per week – this month has been SUPER stressful and I barely kept up with my authorial workload.
- Working on doing a facelift for the blog. Gonna roll that out as soon as I’m satisfied.
- Wrote a few new entries to be posted later.
- Patreon remained on track for the month. Still releasing them to schedule.
- I lost two patrons in Julyand gained two. One patron modified their patronage downward
- Voting. Me am need ideas. Me no have ideas. *beats club on ground at obelisk moar* ME NEED IDEAS!
- No fiction again, but SOON. Oh, yes. SOON.
Miscellaneous Related News
- Aeon has seen two sessions now for for B- and C-Teams and the players seem to be having a lot of fun. I plan on using it as a test bed for two projects since they are directly related. It took three weeks to get characters done, but the players have really taken to the setting and most have written very detailed, dovetailed backgrounds that jive with what is known about Aeon. One player is dealing with a lot right now and she had to drop for a bit, but I did recruit another player to the team and he’s turning out to be close to as perfect as you can get to a recruit. So that’s going great.
- Last month I suffered a severe plumbing leak that required a plumber digging up part of the floor my pipes are under. It was really bad, but I got lucky because the plumber we found did his job right, fast, and relatively cheap. Of course, then my washer and dryer died. Then my mother’s AC decided it wasn’t up to the task of cooling the house. Then the microwave died. And a ton of other stressful things that happened all at once. If I didn’t have good caring people in my life who were able to help I don’t know what I would have done. Things are much less stressful now and I hope I can get back to working longer, harder, and faster.
- I was supposed to go on vacation (a surprise from my family at the end of the month) but after dealing with a migraine for two days I had to back out. I should have just gone and tried to stick it out. My family is having a blast at the Outer Banks. So many good picture
- My nephews have moved into the house and I’m so happy to have them. They are little budding nerds and the eldest and I are extremely alike, He wants to play an RPG so bad. I let him read my DnD books and he’s so hooked. Gonna have to do something about that.
- I’m participating in a live play for a charity (for reproductive rights). The game is a GURPS Horror short campaign (3-4 sessions). Come join us and donate. I don’t play often so this is not something you’ll probably see again under most circumstances.