I’m slowly catching up with things – Life(TM) happened again and man everything sucked for a while. Luckily, I’m back-back in the saddle. Here are the things that happened in May and June this year.
- I submitted another article I co-wrote with J. Edward Tremlett and both it and the previous Hot Spots and Locations article were published in Pyramid #3/115: Locations. This means I was published twice in one issue – a rare honor (and my second time).
- I’ve set aside previous articles for Alternate GURPS – I’m not happy with how they looked so they get tossed in the “Unfinished” portion of the Vault.
- After the End still remains in the idea stage and I’m not sure what I want to do yet.
- I finished up that Pyramid article with the additional material I was given by someone.
- I began a Pyramid article that is a continuation of another article I published; it’s something Mailanka would find interesting.
- I finished another Pyramid article in the vein of my “It’s a [X]!” series. Let’s just say it’s not something you’ve encountered yet.
- I was published in Pyramid #3/114: Mind Over Magic. “The Incanter’s Grimoire” answered a few questions folks may have had about GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 19: Incantation Magic and maybe a few about RPM in general.
- I submitted an article for Pyramid #3/115: Technomancer, but was bumped out due to lack of space. I was a bit disheartened by that news since Technomancer is one of my favorite GURPS settings out there.
- My solo GURPS Monster Hunters project has been put into the playtesting and I soon hope to have that finished up and ready to go.
- I signed a contract for another GURPS book in June. I’ve yet to begin it due to LIFE, but I’ve thought about it a lot. More on that later. I will say it’s something I find very cool, but not something for which most of you will know I find cool.
- The use of Toggl was great for a while . . . then I went back to my old ways of keeping track. Stupid habits and being hard to break.
- I’m trying to finish up the session recaps for one of my games. It’s taking a bit longer than I would like. Session recaps are a pain to do right in the first place, doing ELEVEN of them just stinks. Sigh.
- I didn’t write for almost two weeks thanks to LIFE.
- I still need to get new headers that work for WordPress, but that’s still going to have to wait.
- I need to pump out more articles into my draft pool in case something happens again and/or so I can just write when I get into the zone.
- Patreon remained on track for May and June. Patreon Specials were released according to schedule.
- I lost 3 patron, gained 3, and had 2 modify their pledges. I lost some, but managed to hold ground there – which is just amazing to me. Patreon patrons, you guys are just the best. Thank you all for letting me pay my bills, keep my cats feed and healthy, and in general letting me be creative and still make a living.
- I’m still evaluating my Patreon goals to make sure I can keep my promises. TL;DR I’m coming up with a plan and sticking to it (or trying to).
- I flirted with the idea of creating a campaign setting for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy . . . I ended up having to turn down the idea. Sigh. I really wanted to, but the lack of time at the moment would have made other things harder for me in the long run.
Miscellaneous Related News
- Nothing to see here, citizen.