I’ve got a few open spot in my current GURPS campaign for my Sunday group (C-Team) and Monday group (B-Team. The game will be nominally from 2pm EST to 6pm EST (C-Team) or 7:30pm to 11:30pm (B-Team). I’m looking for folks who can reliably be there, is friendly, and can do a bit of roleplaying. System mastery is a plus, but not required. If you’re interested, email me.
So here’s the relevant bits:
- The genre is supernatural horror/urban fantasy: monsters are real and so is magic.
- The mode is mildly cinematic, with results skewing toward the PCs. It’s a realistic world with somewhat larger than life PCs.
- The austerity is mid to high: actions have consequences.
- Point totals may vary, but you’ll start with 400 points plus a package of traits. Everyone is a sorcerer (we’ll be using a highly modified variation of Ritual Path Magic you’ll need to learn) – for C -Team. For B-Team everyone is going to be a nonhuman being (currently “junior” angels or changelings/fae – I haven’t decided) in high school.
- Players are expected to deliver a fairly long character history (at least 500 words).
- Players are expected to work together in a team environment. There is no PVP, no stealing from other players, etc. This rule will be enforced ruthlessly.
- Heroic types are encouraged, but not required. Make sure your concept cares about SOMETHING other than himself (or phat lootz).
- Play will be over Roll20 and Hangouts so webcam/mic are required.
I’m also looking to build a roster of players interested in one-shots so even if these times don’t work now, apply away for that instead.
Can’t play or camera shy? I’m looking for a couple of folks to help populate my wiki for this setting. Your reward? A deep look at all relevant mechanics for the setting, its history, etc. Considering I created a very bespoke set of powers (including a somewhat unique RPM set-up) this may interest some of you.
I’m closing this down by end of month and I’ll have chosen the next player by the following month – assuming I get enough folks who are interested.
You can read the session recaps of the various teams here.
Campaign Backdrop: The Chronicles of Ceteri (C–Team)
The everyday plodding along of life hides something fantastic and terrifying. Beyond the veneer of mundane existence lies the world of the ceteri. A world full of wonder. A world full of fear. A world of impossible possibilities. This is the world that the Conclave has been hiding for millennia. The world that any logical, sane person would say is the result of too many bad movies, too many drugs, or too much drink. Or maybe they’ve just gone mad. This is the world of vampires and werewolves, of angels and demons, where Heaven and Hell are around every corner. Where ancient inhuman beings vie for power. Where sorcerers use magic to change the world around them. Where psychics send their souls outward to play in the aether. Where miracles happen to the devout.
The Conclave protects and polices this world, but they can’t be everywhere at once. Humanity has spread out to far and too fast and with them the various supernatural beings that follow them around for food, reproduction, or play. Thousands of years ago a sorcerer named Simon Magus separated the world of man and the world of monsters and set about his followers to watching over the wall he’d made. This was the beginning of the Conclave. Many who were not pleased by what Simon Magus had done went on to form a core part of the nascent Christian faith. Centuries later, Merlin would be born and he would lead the Conclave into a golden era with his friend Arthur forming the first custos (iconically represented in folklore as the Knights of the Round Table – who would later on become the Templar Knights, then the Venatori, and finally the modern Freemasons). These custos were warriors of rare ability and wielded powers both mundane and paranormal against the various supernatural forces that preyed on humanity.
For centuries, the various factions schemed against one another and were held in check by the Conclave. Eventually, the Conclave grew bloated with its power and prestige and concerned only with advanced itself and not carrying out its sacred mission of protecting mankind. The Conclave was “destroyed” in the late 16th century and those that remained fled to the New World to escape the madness of the Old World. The new Conclave rose up stronger than before and separated itself from the Houses (as it had been) to be a singular group welcome to all ceteri.
You are part of this Conclave and you’re trying to not only survive, but thrive.
Campaign Backdrop: The Chronicles of Ceteri (B–Team)
I’m still working on this to be honest, but the general thrust is like C-Team, except the PCs are inhuman beings – either “junior” guardian angels watching over a school or fae/changelings who are trying to learn human behavior to better fit in. The idea is kind of like reverse Buffy – you’re monsters in your own right while trying to contend with human school and such (where the real monsters are).
Pingback: GURPSDay Summary January 18, 2019 – January 24, 2019 - Gaming Ballistic