- Sir Al-Shams mac Lannageal aka Al MacLannageal (played by +Christian Gelacio): Man out of time. The Last Templar Knight. Warrior. Scholar. Sorcerer. Carries the Blood of Solomon and is the benighted grandchild of Brigid.
- Annalise “Annie” M. Murphy (played by +Ann LS): Exorcist extraordinaire, sorcerer, psychic, twice cursed and twice blessed monster hunter. Ex-Gladius Dei. The Murphy. Talks to God, sometimes He talks back.
- Dr. Francesco “Frankie” Novella (played by +Troy Loy): Doctor and accidental hero. Surgeon with a shotgun. Unflappable. Logical. Sometimes literal. No sense of humor. Always capable.
- Nimbus (NPC Ally): Free-willed tulpa that can assume any shape living or unliving. Prefers being an orange cat with white socks or a Model-J Duesenberg. Why? Because. That’s why.
- Ronan Sloane aka The Gunslinger (NPC Ally): Dead man. Dullahan. Master sorcerer and shootist. Monster Hunter.
- Youko Muramasa (played by +Natiel Leealexander): Master blacksmith and enchanter. Member of one of the Five Families of Kagutsuchi (descendent of the Japanese god of forges and fire).
The PCs have gained a new ally – a Japanese blacksmith with the ability to forge magical items. Annie has agreed to protect her since Youko’s oathbound bodyguard has called in a tessera (a supernaturally enforced “marker” or favor) to do so. With the rest of her fianna having shown up at the house, the PCs wait for a call from Casanova to find the location of the man who has her sword.
War Councils and Fried Chicken
Al MacLannageal, Annie Murphy, Dr. Frankie Novella, & Youko Muramasa
The Shadowed Heights
Friday, October 29th, 1999, 9:00 pm
7 Cathaoir Road, Murphy Island, Boston, MA 02171
The PCs eat and talk about what they are going to do to get back Youko’s sword when Casanova calls. An hour or so later, Casanova calls Annie and informs her that he bet the sword to a guy who works for “the Mick” – a small-time mobster living in South End. Frankie, Youko, and Ronan want to go in and just kick butt, but it’s Annie that decides they should be diplomatic first – no need to make enemies when they don’t have to. In fact, she, Youko, and Ronan know how to play cards at a professional level and decide to try to stake something (money or relics) to try and get Youko’s sword back.
After Action Reports/Game Notes
“The Skyw Boat Song (Outlander Theme)” by Kathryn Jones and Raya Yarbough (opening song)
“Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen
“Paper Doll” by Fleetwood Mac
“Suppertime” by Ella Fitzgerald (while eating)
“I Guess I’ll Have To Change My Plan” by Frank Sinatra (closing song)