Life(TM) continues to beat me mercilessly. I continue screaming at it in defiance. Here are the things that happened in July this year.
- I wrote and had published an article to for an unannounced Pyramid issue (#3/118: Dungeon Trips); “It’s an Encounter!” joins it’s siblings “It’s a Threat!”, “It’s a Trap!”, and “It’s a Quest!.” I technically have two more in the “series,” but unless I pull them all under an umbrella for a single book (say, “GURPS Dungeon Fantasy: Dungeoncraft”) they are unlikely to see the light of day.
- Pyramid is ending this year. December will be the last issue. I’ll write my thoughts elsewhere and when I’m ready, but I’m pretty upset about this and I’d like to wallow in it a bit . . . I don’t really have that luxury. When you write for a living you don’t get to give up because a revenue stream runs dry. You just find more.
- I started in on an article for Alternate GURPS that I actually liked, but set it aside for a while.
- After the End STILL remains in the idea stage and I’m not sure what I want to do yet.
- I finished a Pyramid article that is a continuation of another article I published; It’s about psionics and I’m going to try to push that through to see if I can get it into the last issues of Pyramid.
- Playtesting for my GURPS Monster Hunters project has been pushed back. I’m glad. Too much in Life(TM) right now is smacking me down.
- I still haven’t begun (other than notes) on my current GURPS project. Again, Life(TM) layeth the smackth down.
- I’m considering a project with someone I know; nothing is set in stone yet – just an idea really, but I’m up for it.
- I gave up on session recaps for one of my games. They’ll get there one day. But not today or any day in the near-future.
- Posting has been spotty, but I’ve been TRYING to get more on schedule.
- I’ve tried to put more posts into my draft pool, but sometimes it’s not having the material – sometimes it’s just trying to find the time to POST.
- I still need to get new headers that work for WordPress, but that’s still going to have to wait.
- Patreon remained on track for July, though I was a week late. Patreon Specials were released according to schedule.
- I gained 3 patrons, and had 2 modify their pledges. Patreon remains the backbone of my professional work and I want to continue saying “Thank you!” to all you folks who let me be creative for a living while keeping the lights on.
- I’m still evaluating my Patreon goals to make sure I can keep my promises. TL;DR I’m coming up with a plan and sticking to it (or trying to).
Miscellaneous Related News
- Nothing to see here, citizen.
Pingback: GURPSDay Summary Aug 17, 2018 – Aug 23, 2018 - Gaming Ballistic
I will also miss ‘Pyramid’ – it provided ideas for adventures and campaigns, and was rich with stories, scenarios, rules and options that could be explored without needing to publish them in a supplement. That said, I understand why SJG is ending the magazine, although I wish it could continue as a bi-monthly or quarterly publication. My 2 cents.
Aye, I understand why, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it.