“Egg Shen: Can see things no one else can see. Do things no one else can do.
Jack Burton: Real things?
Egg Shen: As real as Lo Pan!
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, the six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What’s in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!”
Suggested Origins: Cosmic, Divine, Magical, Materials, or Spirit
- Blade Quality: Treat the Demon-killing Knife as a balanced very fine large knife for all purposes (+1 to Knife skill, +2 to damage, and -2 to breakage) – however, see Sharpness below. The owner can wield it offensively and defensively like any other blade of that size.
- Demon-Killer: When used against a demon or similar spiritual entity that’s possessing a person, the damage inflicted by the knife affects both the host and the entity. This does not work against some “higher level” beings at the GM’s option (e.g., angels).
- Sharpness: Regardless of ST, the knife always increases damage by one die to both cutting and impaling attacks as well as adding a Armor Divisor of (2). This bonus damage is treated as if it were basic damage and thus benefits from Weapon Master, All-Out Attack (Strong), and so on.
Suggested Origins: Materials.
- Firearm Quality: Treat the Roomsweeper as a Very Fine (accurate) and Very Fine (reliable) weapon for all purposes. See the table below for it’s statistics.
- Bane: Treat any attack fired from the Roomsweeper as if it were a holy or silver-based attack. If used to physically attack a target, such a attack is treated the same.
- Dragon’s Breath: Instead of firing the weapon the character may use a Ready maneuver and unleash a gout of dragon fire. He may do this ten times before needing to wait for the gas to recharge.
Suggested Origins: Cosmic.
- Shroud: While worn, the cloak makes all covered areas totally invisible (p. B63) and unable to be visually detected by anything – even Cosmic sources. The cloak can be pulled off like any other garment, however. Notable sources that can “see” through it are Alastor “Mad-Eye” Moody’s magical eye (which uses some weird form of “visual” detection) and the Marauder’s Map (which is a sort of scrying).
- Indestructible: The cloak is completely immune to most forms of damage. Even cosmic sources heal eventually (1 HP per 12 hours).