A new ideas for the Blessed advantage:
You have claimed a location as your own. The maximum amount of space you can claim as your own depends on your IQ. Look up your IQ+7 in the Size column of the Size and Speed/Range Table (p. B550), read across to the Linear Measurement column and treat that as the total radius of of an area you can claim. For instance, if your IQ+7 was 19 you could claim an area up to 1.5 miles in total diameter. In any case it takes a week for your to fully attune and claim your domain. You may relinquish your claim at any time and when competing with others who have similiar powers as your own the character with the higher Will+7 is considered the victor and may decide what portion of the land they claim.
While in your domain you get the following benefits:
- You have +1 in all Quick Contests of supernatural abilities against those who use supernatural powers against you or your domain.
- You may use your IQ+7 Area Knowledge, Navigation, Survival, Urban Survival, Weather Sense instead of those skills while in your domain letting your know the smallest of details in your claimed area.
- You may roll your IQ+4 against any of the inhabitants of your domain and are treated as having Sensitive (for humanoids), Animal Empathy (for animals), Plant Empathy (for plants), or Spirit Empathy (for spirits).
- You are treated as having an appropriate Cultural Familiarity for those in your domain even if you normally don’t.
- You can draw on the power of the land to fuel your supernatural powers. You may pull at most (IQ+7)/3 at a time; round down. This energy is slow to rebuild and recharges at a rate of 1 point per day.
- You heal faster while in your domain: 1 HP/12 hours be merely being in it or 1 HP/hour if at least 60% of your skin’s surface is touching the earth of your domain.
The cost of this trait is 60 points + the cost of Energy Reserve (see below). If the GM wishes they can make this a leveled trait by increasing the level if Higher Purpose (Sanctum). This would increase cost by 7 points per level but would give +1 per level to Quick Contests of supernatural abilities against those who use supernatural powers against you or your domain.
Statistics: Cultural Familiarity (Cosmic, Universal Truth, +100%) ; Energy Reserve (Sanctum) N (Slow Recharge, 1/day, -50%) [1.5/level]; Good with Animal Inhabitants (Cosmic, Universal Truth, +100%) ; Good with Humanoid Inhabitants (Cosmic, Universal Truth, +100%) ; Good with Plant Inhabitants (Cosmic, Universal Truth, +100%) ; Good with Spirit Inhabitants (Cosmic, Universal Truth, +100%) ; Higher Purpose (Sanctum) (Broad, +40%) ; Regeneration (Slow) (Accessibility, Must be in domain, -40%) [2†] or Regeneration (Regular) (Accessibility, Must have skin to skin contact with domain, -60%) ; Skill Adaptation (Area Knowledge defaults to Special Rapport roll) ; Skill Adaptation (Animal Empathy defaults to Special Rapport roll) ; Skill Adaptation (Empathy defaults to Special Rapport roll) ; Skill Adaptation (Plant Empathy defaults to Special Rapport roll) ; Skill Adaptation (Spirit Empathy defaults to Special Rapport roll) ; Skill Adaptation (Navigation defaults to Special Rapport roll) ; Skill Adaptation (Urban Survival/Survival defaults to Special Rapport roll) ; Skill Adaptation (Weather Sense defaults to Special Rapport roll) ; Special Rapport (Cosmic, No Die Roll Required, +100%; Cosmic, Universal Truth, +100%; One Way, +20%; Onset, 1 week, -40%; Reliable 10, +50%; Takes Penalties For Area, -10%; Transferable, Only lands you’ve claimed, +50%) .
* To determine how much N equals, multiply your (IQ+7)/3 (round down). For example, if you had an IQ of 12, then you’d gain an Energy Reserve of 6, which would cost 9 points.
Picking Over The Bones
A pricy ability, but a classic one for many archetypes from genre fiction. As it stands a IQ 10 character has a domain of over three quarters of a mile, while IQ 20 character has a domain of about 40 miles! There has been some question on making it bigger and for that I would probably do one of the following:
- A perk that adds +1 to IQ to determine your domain size.
- IQ +1 (Only to determine domain size, -80%) .
- Add Cosmic, Multiple reliable levels (+100%) and Reliable +3 (Only to determine domain size, -10%) [+13.5%/level]. This would add +5 to the second level’s cost and then 0.675/level thereafter.
I’m not sure which one would work best. My gut says the second option is probably cleanest. Being in your own domain gives you a VAST edge against others and charging 4/level seems appropriate in most cases.
Edit: Replace wrote up a different method of this here.